Friday, August 29, 2008

Zube Park and Platelets

The last week has been pretty good as far as my training goes. I have had several long runs, rides and swims. I was going to try and sign up for the Austin Triathlon but the registration closed. That is probably a blessing as I have been pushing myself pretty hard. I did a 40 mile ride at Zube Park yesterday which was supposed to be followed by a 8 mile run but the heat got the better of me. I only got 4 miles of my run in and it was a painful 4 miles. I still feel good about my upcoming races and this was just a blip.

Monday afternoon I went to the Gulf Coast Blood Center to donate platelets, plasma and red blood cells to Johnny Romano. I have never done this before so I was a little nervous. What I didn't realize is you can't donate these all at the same time. So I decided to donate platelets. Initially they told me it would take 45 minutes to an hour to donate platelets. Unfortunately it took 87 minutes for some reason. It was a painless process and they had TVs for me to watch so it wasn't so bad. The most important thing is that my donation will go to help a little boy who really needs it.

3 comments:

norms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
norms said...

You have a good heart Coach. Karma will come back if God forbids you ever need help. (I pray you never do) Your training is admirable. ;) Keep it up!!! =)

BEAT-LES said...

hey that was a very kindhearted thing to do. maybe GOD will bless you for this good deed.