Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Olympics, Karaoke and My Car

I have had a very interesting week. My training has been so-so. I am still hurting but I am feeling better. I did a six mile run yesterday and I felt OK. I am a little over a week away from my next triathlon and I feel like I will be ready. It's a shorter distance one so I feel confident that I'm good to go.

Now for the bad part. My car was broken into on Monday night. Without getting into too much detail they took stuff out of my car. It has been a big inconvenience for me. I am trying to be a nice on this post but I am very very angry.

Now for the fun part. I have never done Karaoke or ever had a desire to do so. For those people that were at the fund-raiser on Saturday I'm sure they would not believe that. I must say it was pretty fun. I must have sung 20 songs. I know that I can't sing but it was a really neat experience. Erin (Nation's Triathlon Mentor) said I had a rock n' roll voice. (I did not pay her to say that) The funniest part was when my fellow Nation's Tri Coach Jay and I did an Eminem song. I now know why I am not a rapper.

Now for the inspiring part. The Olympics are always very special for me. I take a lot of pride in our country and how they perform at these games. With that said, there are two things that have stood out during these games. First, Phelps and all these Gold Medals and World Records is so freaking cool. What an amazing accomplishment. Second, and most important, I LOVED the pimp slap that the Americans put on those trash talking Frenchies in the 4X100 relay. (that's right I said pimp slap) You should always be careful about trash talking. It might just inspire your competition.

1 comment:

norms said...

Les Etats-Unis sont le meilleur. Nous sommes désolé. Wwwaaahhhhh!-the Frenchies

The Queen cover was the best!!! ps...we're still looking for the real Slim Shady...