Sunday, August 31, 2008

Memorial Park

I meant to write the beginning part of this entry yesterday but I didn't get around to it. I thought I might calm down if I waited but as you will see I didn't. Enjoy!

Saturday morning I went to Memorial Park to get a 8 mile run in prior to my practice with the Nation's Tri Team. Since moving to Houston in 2006 I have for the most part enjoyed running and riding my bike at Memorial. One thing that I do have to keep in mind is that there are a lot of people in this city that use the park for the same thing at all hours of the day and night. Saturday was one of those days when everyone was out at 5 am including several running groups. Now I have nothing against running groups. As a matter of fact I think they are great and I even considered joining one once. With that said I must say that the majority of the running groups at Memorial yesterday were filled with freakin idiots. Is it so hard to not run five wide? Is it? Is it so hard to run on the right side and pass on the left? It doesn't seem that hard to me and I'll admit I'm not the smartest guy out there. There are even signs posted on the trail to remind you if you forget. USAFit and TNT, thank you for following the rules. You other groups including the as***e with the "Survivor" logos on his car who parked on the trail please go somewhere else. Believe it or not you are not the only people on the planet. Other people would love to utilize the public park as well. Now I know those people that are reading this are saying to themselves this guy is nuts and he definitely has an anger management problem. OK, I'll give you that. I have a major anger management problem and I'm sure you could find more than one doctor to certify me a crazy man. Here is the thing, I like to run, bike, swim and lift weights so I can keep myself happy and stress free. Its my Zen time. All I want is to get in my runs in without having to dive off into the bushes or onto the street or navigate a maze of people who can't follow the rules of the road or the trail. So for those people who are in one of these groups or if you are just one of those people who can't seem to follow the trail rules please for goodness sake run somewhere else. You may be saving my sanity.

2 comments:

norms said...

aaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!! `:{

CoachLiz said...

trust me, the run in groups of 5 across a-holes chap my hides as well.