Monday, June 23, 2008

There was a Sunday morning White out






It is funny how you have to be creative when planning your training sessions in Houston during the summer. It seems like it is either extremely hot or raining when I want to train. I beat the rain on Friday but it was 102 degrees (according to my bike computer) when I went riding at the Loop. It was a short ride but still good. Saturday I put in another 20 miles on the bike and a 3 mile run. Sunday I ran 8 and rode 11 but it was very hot. My training seems to still be on track so I've been pretty happy.


The Nations Team still looks strong. The brick on Saturday was great and everyone's endurance level has been improving week to week. On Sunday there were several overachievers at Memorial doing some extra work. Norma, Charles and Jennifer were all out riding and/or running in the morning. Way to go guys!


During my run at the park on Sunday there was a Mayor Bill White sighting. He was riding his bike on the loop and Norma was able to get a few pictures of the Mayor on his bike. Along with being a cyclist he apparently is a runner as well. Maybe we can recuit him for a triathlon?

1 comment:

normy said...

Didn't think it was appropriate to bring up my little accident during the Tour de Houston. So we talked about training instead. A Mayor who who supports endurance sports AND drives an environmentally friendly car............not too shabby eh!