Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Swim Guru


This weeks training has been good despite some knee, back and hip pain. I am pleased about my progress but it has been hard training in the heat and with the pain. I didn't do a lot of long distance work but it still was meaningful training. My swim workouts were particularly good. I put in a little over 2000 meters in the pool and I am hoping to put much more in the water next week.

What else can be said about the Nations Triathlon team. They are progressing at a pace far beyond my expectations. They are very competitive and several members of the team are already competing in Sprint and Olympic Triathlons.

On Saturday our team had the honor of having Emmitt Hines at our swim practice. He was able to spend 3 hours with the team going through several different drills with team. I was fortunate to get some coaching on my own swimming which was very helpful (even coaches need coaching). Anyone that knows swimming knows Emmitt. It was neat to see how many people at the park knew him and how they all appreciated his coaching. I am attaching a picture with Emmitt using me to demonstrate proper lines in the pool. He really is a Swim Guru.

No comments: