Saturday, November 27, 2010

Red White and Bike

Last Sunday I did the Red, White and Bike in Hockley. It was my first organized bike ride in over a year. This was a ride that benefited the children of Purple Heart recipients. The proceeds provide bicycles to these children. As for the ride it was a tough one. The route was hilly and it was a very windy one. I rode the 40 mile route with my tri team and I had a great time. I didn't ride for speed (at least for the most part) I just rode to get the miles in. One a great note due to the the tri team having 20 riders we were able to have a bike dedicated to a child in the team's name. I want to thank Lori Ivanoff for organizing everyone to do this event. This is a great cause and it was a lot of fun!

Sorry for the short post. Pictures will follow.

Bye for now!

http://www.redwhiteandbike.org/

No comments: