Tuesday, November 30, 2010

IronMan Cozumel 2009 and 2010

Last weekend was the one year anniversary of my first IronMan. It was in Cozumel and it was one of the most exciting things I have ever been a part of. As I was getting updates on Lauren, Laura and Johnny who were doing the 2nd annual event I couldn't help but be a little jealous. It was such an accomplishment for me to finish that race and I really wanted to be there racing it again. I first want to say that I am very proud of Lauren and Laura for finishing their 1st IronMan event. They have both been good friends to me and I'm really excited for them. As for Johnny, he had a tough day having to stop racing due to an illness. I know this sucks for him but anyone who knows Johnny, knows he will be back stronger than ever.

I just wanted put a few thoughts down regarding the event. I really loved this event and I hope to do it again in the future. As for me, the training is moving along well. I am very excited for 2011 and what the new race season will bring.

Later Dudes!

2 comments:

The Stretch Doc said...

I totally agree!!
I was really missing it this year, more so than my first, it was such a great area and cant wait to go back as well!!

rockon'

CoachLiz said...

I was really wanting to be out on the bike watching everyone go by. The wind was not as strong, there were no mosquitos that I could tell, and the crowds were still amazing. I was so glad that I could see Lauren and Laura smiling their way through that race and crossing the finish line with their hands together. I want to do this race again as well.