Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Silverlake Triathlon

Last Sunday I did the Silverlake Triathlon in Pearland. Overall, the race was uneventful. This was the third time I have done this race and out of all the races I have done I have done this one more than any other. Out of my three races here it was my second fastest. It was my fastest run but it was my slowest bike and slowest swim. My bike was only 4 seconds slower than my fastest time but it was still my slowest. My swim however was 1'15" slower than last year and it was my second race in a row with a poor swim time. Part of the issue at this race was that I had a guy behind me that kept grabbing my leg. I kicked him once but I couldn't shake him. I still felt that I should have had a better swim time due to the amount of time I have spent in the pool this year. I really need to get down to The Heart of the Matter with my swimming. It has always been my weakest part of triathlon but I made it less of a liability in 2008. The good news is that I have plenty of time to work on it prior to IM Cozumel.

Later

No comments: