Monday, May 11, 2009

Nerd Alert, Nerd Alert

In the first of a couple non triathlon related posts I wanted to give a review of Wolverine and Star Trek. I'll be brief as to not give too much away.

Wolverine was a good movie but there was some cheesy points in the movie. First, the good stuff. The movie did a good job at explaining how Wolverine came to be and how he got his claws, etc.... The new characters that were introduced were cool. I particularly liked Deadpool and Gambit. I would have like to have seen Gambit in the first 3 X-Men movies.The scenes where Wolverine and Sabertooth were fighting back to back were lame but overall I thought the movie was good and I do recommend that you see it. For fans of comics I hope they keep making lots of these Superhero movies.

Star Trek was freaking awesome. I am a huge fan of Star Trek. I have seen all the movies more times than I can count. I've seen every episode of all the different Star Trek shows with the exception of DS9. I thought the story, the special effects and the casting were great. The movie portrayed the characters much differently than they have been done in the past. Karl Urban who plays McCoy sounded just like DeForrest Kelly and he even made a lot if the same facial expressions. Chris Pine who played Kirk was great and did not try to imitate William Shatner which was probably good. Zachary Quinto who plays Spock looked just like Nimoy and the cast brought an interesting take to Star Trek. This was a great story and I highly recommend this movie even if you were not a fan of the original series.

2 comments:

norms said...

I agree, both are exciting, great movies! =)

CoachLiz said...

Have not seen Star Trek yet but Wolverine was great!