Friday, January 30, 2009

Frost Bike 50

Last Sunday I did the Frost Bike 50 that started up at Cy-Fair College. I did this ride last year but I only did the 45 mile route. This year I did the 55 mile route (actually came in at 52 miles). It was cold but it wasn't as bad as last year. The temperature never cracked 50 but it was good riding weather. The ride was pretty uneventful but it's one that I enjoy. After the ride I did a short run. I really need to start some bricks. I have not done one in a few months and my legs reminded me of it. I still feel pretty good about my training and things are all coming back together.

This week I have not done as much work due to work, my birthday and just being tired. Since Sunday I have done one short swim and I did an 11 mile run yesterday. Today I plan to swim and lift weights and then I plan on riding with the team tomorrow. The plan is 56 miles. Sunday I want to get in a long run but I'll see how I'm feeling.

2 comments:

CoachLiz said...

How was the ride in Galveston? You had perfect weather. Wish I could have been there but the info meetings are a priority right now. The summer season is way off on recruiting. For all 6 events, city-wide we have right around 100 people. 100 People!!! Last year after kick-off we had 277 TNT participants.

I have to do a lot of phone calling to alumni and people who dropped to invite them back to do a triathlon.

The Stretch Doc said...

doing good bro.. Stay with it!
your gonna smoke Rage!