Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh my here we go!

So I am just a couple of days from the Houston Marathon and the start of my 2009 season. I feel like I am ready for the race but I wish my weight was a little lower. I'm still struggling with my holiday weight but I know I will be able to take it off over the next couple months. I am looking forward to the race on Sunday for a few reasons. The main reason is that I have not had much luck at the Houston Marathon and I want to turn it around. In 2007, Houston was my very first marathon and it was a disaster due to improper training, improper diet and the wrong shoes. In 2008 I had to drop to the half-marathon and ended up walking most of that due to a severe hip and calf injury. I have a sore back but I have been running with it for the past few weeks and it hasn't slowed me too much. With all that said I am hoping to at least match my time in San Antonio and come out injury free.

I'll will send my race report and hopefully a few pictures by Monday.

Later Dudes!

2 comments:

Vertical Man said...

Luke - best of luck! Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on those training days when you felt GREAT, like you could run forever! And, make SURE to go out there with a good plan for hydration and nutrition. Control what you can, do your best, learn something and HAVE FUN!

CoachLiz said...

How did you do after I gave you the Motrin? You and Skylar did a good job of sticking together.