Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Gym

I haven't been to the gym to lift in over a week. I was supposed to go last Friday but I didn't make it. So last night I reverted back to the days when I primarily weight lifted and I hit the gym late in the evening. I must say things have changed a bit since my days of working out at 10 pm. Now, I like to throw around the "F" word as much as the next guy but even I was starting to feel uncomfortable. There were dudes having conversations from one end of the gym to the other saying "F" this and "F" that. It was strange.

The other thing that was funny about going so late to the gym was the way people were dressed. I like sunglasses as much as the next guy but in the gym at night. Whatever? The workout gear people wore was inappropriate and I must say the whole thing was just bizarre. I'm going to try and avoid the late night gym workouts from now on.

1 comment:

CoachLiz said...

Dude! Where did your awesome finish line photo go to??? I loved it! Bring it back.

As far as the gym goes, the evening people are a little weird. When I did night workouts at the gym when I was training for IMAZ I tended to stay on the treadmills but the gym population had to pass right by me to get to the water fountain. And to think people go to the gym to troll for people to hit on. Yeesh!