Monday, July 28, 2008

Bassackwards and Dolly

I had a much better week of training than I thought I would despite the weather that was created by Hurricane Dolly. There wasn't much long distance work but I did get in work everyday. I swam almost two miles and ran around 13 miles with the bulk of that run coming on Wednesday night in a very bad rain storm. The weather did stop me from riding as I only put in 23 miles on the bike. I also put in my normal two days of weight lifting last week. This week is supposed to be hot so I will have to be creative.

The Nations Triathlon Team did our first Bassackwards training and the team pulled through despite a few people that had cramps. We also had some past TNT participants that came out to train and I think they had fun too. At the end of training we had a BBQ with the burgers being supplied by a good friend of mine Carla Moore who is a franchisee of McDonald's. Of course being a long time employee of McDonald's Corporation I decided to handle the grilling duties. As far as I know everyone liked the burgers and I don't think anyone became ill despite my grilling skills. Everyone seemed to have a good time and I think a quarterly BBQ will be great for the team.

1 comment:

BEAT-LES said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.