Monday, December 29, 2008

The Holidays

I've never been a big fan of the holidays. I seem to eat and drink way too much, put on too much weight and I just get lazy. Well I definitely am meeting two of the three screens. I have been eating and drinking too much and I am getting fat. The one good thing that is that I have still been training. The Houston Marathon is a little less than three weeks away so I just couldn't sit on the couch. My hope is to be a few pounds lighter for the race but I know I will not be at my normal race weight.

This week I plan to start riding and swimming more and basically settling back into my normal routine. In addition to the marathon I have my first ride of the season at the end of January. I have a pretty aggressive 2009 season planned and I need to get going now so I don't fall behind.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Hi there!

I really enjoy reading your blog. I am trying to find as many tri blogs as I can. I enjoy reading them and they motivate me. I just recently started my own here.

http://brettstrijournal.blogspot.com/

feel free to check it out,

Brett

CoachLiz said...

Let me know about your ride. I should tag along and get some miles in. My bike is ready to be out on the road again.