Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Death Magnetic

On Thursday I went to see Metallica at the Toyota Center. I have had the opportunity to see Metallica one other time in 1991 in Oakland, CA at a festival called Day on the Green. It was festival with 4 bands that included the then unknown Soundgarden.













I was very excited about seeing one of my favorite bands and they did not disappoint. We did not make it for the opening act and it didn't matter to me because I never heard of them and their name escapes me now. We were in the mosh area not more than 10 feet from the stage. There was a little bit of moshing going on and needless to say my anger management issues kicked in and I had to set a few youngsters straight. :)















The set was a little over two hours. Most of the set was between the new album "Death Magnetic" and the "Black" album. I know you have to promote the new stuff and you have to play the stuff off the best selling album but I would have loved to have heard a few more of "And Justice for All" or any of their earlier records. It was a great show and I'm glad I had the opportunity to see them.

1 comment:

The Stretch Doc said...

dude!! I'm going to see Metallica Dec 18th! here in LA!!! I CANT WAIT.
the one band I have not seen.

rockon`