Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm Ready

Yesterday I finally did my 21 mile run in preparation for the San Antonio Marathon. I felt pretty good during the run and this morning I am just a little sore. I finished my 21.02 miles in 3:13:17 which includes a few stops at traffic lights. I pretty happy with that time and I feel that I am ready for the marathon.

Backing up a few days I was able to get a short swim in on Friday and I rode 46 miles on Saturday. My swimming is getting better but I need more time in the pool. That is going to be tough with my travel this week. The 46 miles I did on Saturday was great. It was the first long ride since the Longhorn 70.3.

Lastly, I have had a big debate with myself about what races I want to do in 2009. I am already signed up for Ironman Cozumel but my goal is to do two Ironman races in 2009. My initial thought was to do Ironman Brazil. It was the first one I planned for when looking at the 2009 schedule. The main issue there is the cost. I know I could be ready in plenty of time. While on the Ironman site the other day I noticed that Ironman Kentucky was still open. The cost to get to Kentucky would be a lot less but the issues there are a tough course and it is on August 30th. (Very hot!) I'm still not sure what I will do but I will make a decision soon.

2 comments:

norms said...

If you do Brazil, maybe my sister could hook you up with airfare. You did excellent on the 21 miler! I could have been a better SAG support had Allen Pkwy not been blocked off. Aarrrggghhhh!

You are SOOOO READY!!! ;)

Coach Liz said...

Good on Ya for knocking out that 21 miler. When are you going to San Antonio? I plan on driving to Canyon Lake on Friday and then heading into town on Saturday for packet pick-up. It looks like you are running right around my pace! Cool! What corral did they put you in. I am in corral 12.