Monday, September 22, 2008

My Training

My training goes well. I have not done a lot of long distance training except since the PrairieMan Half-Ironman two weeks ago but I still feel pretty good. I am off work this week and plan to get in some long distance work in anticipation of the Longhorn 70.3 in two weeks. I really need time on my bike as I have only done one short ride which was today since PrairieMan.

On another note I have had three great weight training sessions in the last week. Weight training is my first love but it tends to get in the way of the whole swim, bike and run thing. I realized something the other day when I hit gym. I was wearing an old shirt at the gym and the shirt was big on me. This was a shirt I wore in my pre-tri years. I used to really fill this shirt out specifically in the arms. I really need to spend some more time lifting. Maybe after Longhorn, or the San Antonio Marathon, or the Houston Marathon. I guess not. Its the price I have paid to the Triathlon Gods.

Later

No comments: