Saturday, September 13, 2008

IKE

I am sitting in my hotel room in Washington, D.C. getting ready for the Nation's Triathlon and I have to say I am very worried about my friends in Houston. My family was able to go to San Antonio on Thursday and they are safe so I am relieved about that. It was disappointing to not have some our team not make the trip due to the storm and various other reasons but I know that the team is ready and will do well on Sunday.

I just got off the phone with Norma and she has no power and no water and she was trying to see if she could get a a hotel room but they are all on generators and not renting out rooms right now. She says there is damage around her place and you can't really get around. I know she will be O.K. but I still worry. I am anxious to get back home and check on things. Everyone be safe out there and I'm praying for all of you in H-Town.

3 comments:

norms said...

=(... it was spooky. i have water and power now!!! the streets are slowly getting cleaned but many still left without power, water and food! it appears chaos will come soon from frustrated residents questioning FEMA and the government. Houston will recover! We're TEXANS!!!

CoachLiz said...

Still no power at my house. I am mooching off of the power at my husband's office. School is out for the rest of the week.

How did the TNT Tri group do???

Luke Valdez said...

The team did great. It was the hottest day of the year in D.C.