Friday, November 20, 2009

T-minus 8 Days

I am 8 days from Ironman Cozumel and I'm getting excited and nervous. I took 3 days off from training and it seems to have to done me some good. I just finished a slow 10 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run at Memorial Park. It's the first time I have been pain free in my back, hip and legs in weeks. It felt great. Unfortunately my shoulder is still bothering me. I am going to try and get a swim in tomorrow and then another short training on Sunday. The shoulder is not going to keep me from racing but I know it will slow me down in the water. At this point I just want to make it out of the water and onto my bike. I'm sure I'll be fine.

On another note I am starting my 3 season as a Triathlon Coach for Team in Training. I am looking forward to getting started again and I know it will be a fun season. We have 37 participants and I know we will get them all to race day!

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Trishie said...

8 days 10 hours! hope the shoulder feels better :)