Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bluebonnet Express, the Lone Star Team and my Vegas Trip

Sunday I rode the Bluebonnet Express. It was a pretty good ride overall but I didn't see too many Bluebonnets. Unfortunately, I just was not feeling it on Sunday and I cut my ride short. I only put in around 36 miles but it was still good training. I did follow that up with a 6 mile run at Memorial dodging all the people at the park who were there for the Art Festival. I will have to be creative on my training this weekend but I think I have a good plan.

Yesterday marked the final practice for the Lone Star Team. It is a bittersweet moment for me. One on side I will be glad to get some time back for myself but I have to say it will be tough to say goodbye because I have become very fond of them. I know a number of them want to keep training together and I really hope that we do. They are great bunch of people and I know they will all do great on Sunday. I will update everyone sometime on Sunday or Monday with a race report.

Last but certainly not least. I have two weeks until my first triathlon of the season. I am a little nervous because this race is going to be tough. The elevation gains on the bike and on the run look brutal and I am just hoping I have the legs for it. The other part that is going to be tough is that it is in Vegas. There are lots of bad influences in Vegas and most include my co-workers. I hope I didn't bite off more than I could chew with this one.

1 comment:

CoachLiz said...

Hey, let me know when you want the bike case. Great job yesterday getting the TEAM across the finish line.