Thursday, May 10, 2012

2012 Ironman Texas

With just over a week until Ironman Texas I am leaning towards sitting the race out. I have been super busy at work and unable to train at all the last few weeks. I did compete in the HITS Olympic Triathlon two weeks ago and had a difficult time racing. I was supposed to race the Half-Iron the next day but I was very ill and could not go. In addition to my lack of training I have a bicep, neck and back injury (the same from last year) that is also making it difficult train even when I have time. I'll make my final decision on the race this weekend but I think it will be tough to do. Going forward I don't think many Iron distance races are in my future. I'm very focused on my career and I'm excited about my future prospects at work. I do plan on racing Vineman in July and I'm sure I will do some other races during my sabbatical which starts in mid-June. As for what is next I plan on racing Tejas in June. As always, I'll let everyone know.

Bye for now.

No comments: