Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rebuilding a Triathlete

I made a decision this week to start over from a training aspect. Now I realize that I am not really starting over as I have kept a base level of training from IM Cozumel but I needed a way to get myself motivated. I decided to start with short runs, rides and swims with my primary focus on my strength training. This has worked very well. For the first time in months I don't feel like I am forcing myself to train. In the last week I was able to get 3 runs, 2 swims and 2 bike rides in addition to 4 strength training sessions. I also did my first Yoga session on Friday. Yoga is very tough but I want to become more flexible so I plan to keep this as a part of my training. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

I have also been watching what I eat. I really want to get my weight and body fat % to my 2007 and 2008 levels. I have lost 4 pounds this week and I am confident that I can myself to the right weight and body fat levels over the next few months.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

CoachLiz said...

Go Luke, Go! Happy Birthday!